Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Welcome to Five Films Only


Welcome everyone to Five Films Only, the blog site where I will try to come up with the definitive five films in any genre or category. 

Now you might ask yourself, how is this different from any other "top five" list?  For starters, it won't be just my personal favorites.  The goal is to try to make an objective list in a subjective medium.  Rather than list qualifications on what a film should have to be considered as part of the five, the idea each film to represent criteria and from there, I will personally rank them.  Here's how we would do them.

1. Personal Favorite - It's my blog, I get a say no doubt.  This is simply what I rank as my favorite, nothing more, nothing less.

2. Critical Darling - This category is for the critics and the awards circuit.  It's the one that got to be on the best-of lists and take some hardware home along the way.

3.  Fan Favorite - Films don't have legs unless they are beloved by fans.  Categories I will look at also include user-based reviews and box office numbers.

4.  Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence - This here is a legacy nomination.  One that stood the test of time or changed the way we looked at the genre in it of itself.

5.  Did We Get This Wrong? - There will always be a film that divides the critics and audiences.  They deserve to be on this list because sometimes the critic gets its wrong or sometimes the audiences have no idea what they were thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment